Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Connecting To SQL Server

Hi,

I have a problem in logging in to an SQL Server database engine. I can log in to the engine with Windows authentication method. The problem is, when I create a page with an SqlDataConnection control, the page can not connect to the database engine eventhough I select "Use Windows Authentication" when configuring the SqlDataConnection. What should I do?

Best regards,

Haris

This article explains how to connect to SQL Server using Windows authentication.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998292.aspx

|||

Is the steps in the article that you mentioned also applicable on SQL Server 2005?

|||

Hi haris101,

Yes. It is applicable on sql2005.

The problem is, when I create a page with an SqlDataConnection control, the page can not connect to the database engine eventhough I select "Use Windows Authentication" when configuring the SqlDataConnection

what is your error message when your connection fails? also, did you get the error from visual web developper or IIS?

If you are getting the error from IIS (which i thin is the most case), make sure you have granted ASPNET (if using win xp) or NETWORK SERVICE (if using win 2003 server) the proper access permission. As to how to grant permission to a specific account, you can check the link tsm gave you . thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment