Sunday, March 25, 2012

Connecting to SQL Express on a hosted site

Folks.

I just moved my domain to GoDaddy.com. When I run my website locally, everything works fine.

When I ftp it to my server space on GoDaddy.com, I get a "remote connection" error. Does anyone have an example of a connection string I should be using to connect while on the server?

Thanks!

From looking at their website, they do not appear to offer SQL Server2005 or SQL Server 2005 Express. That'd be why you're getting theerror you are. I'm getting the same dang thing on my hostingservice - 1PlanHost.com. They, for some reason, will not installSQL Express... even though ALL of these starter kits, etc. are using itby default. It's making things quite bothersome for us developers!

If anyone figures out a way to force SQL Express to run within a shared hosting enviroment, let me know!|||

Thanks for your response. GoDaddy does offer SQL Server. You can configure it once you have purchased a hosting package. What they don't offer is any incling of support for it. If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment