Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Connecting to SQL Server 2000

Hi,

I am total newbie to SQL Server. My new host tells me I can connect through
AccessXP or 2002. I have Access 2000. Can I not connect with that also?

Thanks, JAJA wrote:
> Hi,
> I am total newbie to SQL Server. My new host tells me I can connect
> through AccessXP or 2002. I have Access 2000. Can I not connect with
> that also?
> Thanks, JA

Yep, also Access 97, 95, and Access 2.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com|||Rick,

I didn't word that right. Does your answer mean Yes I can, or Yes I can't?

:-)

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:346h7iF45hj8fU1@.individual.net...
> JA wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am total newbie to SQL Server. My new host tells me I can connect
>> through AccessXP or 2002. I have Access 2000. Can I not connect with
>> that also?
>>
>> Thanks, JA
> Yep, also Access 97, 95, and Access 2.
> --
> I don't check the Email account attached
> to this message. Send instead to...
> RBrandt at Hunter dot com|||There are some compatibility problems with ADP-s (Access Data
Project-s) in Access 2000 connecting to a SQL Server 2000. There are no
problems, however if you use MDB-s. Access 2000 ADP-s work best with
SQL Server 7. To use the latest features of SQL Server 2000 you need to
connect with Access XP (2002). For more informations, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269824

Razvan|||JA wrote:
> Rick,
> I didn't word that right. Does your answer mean Yes I can, or Yes I
> can't?

If you want to you use an Access Data Project then this is available from Access
2000 and up. If you use an MDB with ODBC than you can use any version you want.
All you need is the correct ODBC driver.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment