Tuesday, March 27, 2012

connecting to SQL Server 2000

hi all;
I have a SQL server ent. edition installed on windows 2003, I want to
register another SQL server instance installed on windows xp, in my
enterprise manager. When I try to do that i get the following error message.
"SQL server does not exists or access denied."
note that no domain controller is installed on the network.
What is reason, and how can i resolve it?
all ideas would be highly appreciated...
AnsariYou have to verify that :
1. you have nioo network problems , you can test sharing a folder on the XP
machine and access this share from Win2003
2. Verifiy that you have no accounts problems and permissions
3.verify thant services are really started on the xp machine
4. try to register xp server from Win2003 using the IP adresss first second
try with the netbios name .
5. activate the mixed security on the xp machine and try to register with SA
login .
I think that with these 5 tests you should fix the poblem
hch
"Ansari" a écrit :

> hi all;
> I have a SQL server ent. edition installed on windows 2003, I want to
> register another SQL server instance installed on windows xp, in my
> enterprise manager. When I try to do that i get the following error messag
e.
> "SQL server does not exists or access denied."
> note that no domain controller is installed on the network.
> What is reason, and how can i resolve it?
> all ideas would be highly appreciated...
> Ansari
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment