Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Connecting to SQL Server 2005

I have successfully installed SQL Server 2005 on a server that also has SQL
Server 2000. Using SQL Server 2005 interface, how could I connect to a
named instance of a SQL Server 2005 database? As I try, it keeps connecting
me to the SQL Server 2000 db. Is this something you set up in CLient tools?
Please let me know, I connect to the SQL Server using a temp dns name.
Thanks,
Here is what I what to achieve:
category1
content2
content3
content4
content5
content6Please disregard this text. Came from an old message.
"Here is what I what to achieve:
category1
content2
content3
content4
content5
content6"
<programmingcodeATjards.com> wrote in message
news:e83mL7OrGHA.4864@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I have successfully installed SQL Server 2005 on a server that also has SQL
>Server 2000. Using SQL Server 2005 interface, how could I connect to a
>named instance of a SQL Server 2005 database? As I try, it keeps
>connecting me to the SQL Server 2000 db. Is this something you set up in
>CLient tools? Please let me know, I connect to the SQL Server using a temp
>dns name.
> Thanks,
>
> Here is what I what to achieve:
> category1
> content2
> content3
> content4
> content5
> content6
>
>|||<programmingcodeATjards.com> wrote in message
news:e83mL7OrGHA.4864@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I have successfully installed SQL Server 2005 on a server that also has
SQL
> Server 2000. Using SQL Server 2005 interface, how could I connect to a
> named instance of a SQL Server 2005 database? As I try, it keeps
connecting
> me to the SQL Server 2000 db. Is this something you set up in CLient
tools?
> Please let me know, I connect to the SQL Server using a temp dns name.
> Thanks,
>
Not sure what you're trying, but generally it's servername\instancename. If
not instance name is provided it deafults to the default instance.

>
> Here is what I what to achieve:
> category1
> content2
> content3
> content4
> content5
> content6
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment