Sunday, March 25, 2012

Connecting to sql 2k thru sql 7 EM

Can I connect to SQL server using sql 7 EM? currently it is not allowing me
to connect, but some one told me that there is a work around.Anyone heard/aware of it?
Regards,
Harshal.Are you really sure there is a workaround ? Maybe it might be possible if the database server is running in 7.0 compatibility mode ... just my guess though :D|||I don't know actually :o
my project manager said there is a way to connect to sql 2k using sql7 EM our previous DBA used to connect :eek: .
But as far as I know, every time sql dmo when connecting, checks for the verison and so doesn't allow to connect, so I don't know about any workarounds, so was just checking out with u guys if there really exists any workaround.|||I think my guess is wrong
As per the holy book :

In SQL Server 2000, the master database has a compatibility level of 80, which cannot be modified. A database containing an indexed view cannot be changed to a compatibility level lower than 80.

So I dont think that can be done ...
Unless Brett differs ;Dsqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment