Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Connecting to sql server 2000 in a lan

Hi there,

I have 2 servers on our compny'ssql server does not exist or access denied lan, one with fixed ip and the other one with internal ip. I installed SQL server 2000 on the one with internal ip and I want to access it from the other server. when I want to register sql server instanse , I can see the name of that instance in the list but I can't register it. I keep reciving this error : sql server does not exist or access denied!

Could any one told me what to do?

http://www.connectionstrings.com/

|||

Hi,

According to your problem, the following suggestion may be helpful to you.

1, Does firewall exist in your local network? Please adjust your security level of the Firewall.

2, When connecting to the db server, be sure that the SqlServer is running as well as the 1433 port is opening.

3, Have you installed service pack for your SqlServer2000? Because the port of TCP/IP and UDP is denied due to some security known issue on those edition without service pack.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment