Sunday, March 25, 2012

Connecting to SQL 2005 via DBI Perl and Vista problems.

I am trying to connect to a 2005 SQL server though perl using the DBI module.
When the perl script is uploaded to my web server the connection is made with
no problems but if I download the file to my local machine and run the file I
get "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1);" I
have added the DSN into Vista 6 times and the test run fine but I can not run
this perl script, or any other perl script that uses DBI to get to the SQL
server. Can anyone help me?
Never Mind, found it. Why do the answers only show up after asking for help.
Found this site
http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2007/05/11/897398.aspx
and whent via run command to the syswow64 version of ODBC and added it in
there and worked. But I find it really odd that when I when to the ODBC via
Admin Tools in Control Panel it was not working. O, well.
"Eagle_f90" wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a 2005 SQL server though perl using the DBI module.
> When the perl script is uploaded to my web server the connection is made with
> no problems but if I download the file to my local machine and run the file I
> get "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1);" I
> have added the DSN into Vista 6 times and the test run fine but I can not run
> this perl script, or any other perl script that uses DBI to get to the SQL
> server. Can anyone help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment