Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connecting through Enterprise Manager

Hi
I am running Win2k Server on an XP machine. I have two
databases which I can run programs on with no problem. I
can connect and run queries through Query Analyzer with
no problem, but when i open Enterprise Manager to access
the Databases, the DB service stops and then I get the
message "The Connection to SQL Server has been broken.
The connection to the SQL Server is broken. Do you want
to try reconnecting to it?" I answer yes, and the prompt
for reconnecting keeps coming up. I can't access any of
my DB's through Enterprise manager. When I try to attach
a DB through the All Tasks option I get "Error 22528 [SQL-
DMO]This server connection has been unexpectedly broken
and cannot be reconnected."
Any ideas on what I need to do to rectify this problem?
Thanks
Dave Lugo
Check your SQL errorlog to see if you have any stack dumps.
Cindy Gross, MCDBA, MCSE
http://cindygross.tripod.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment