Friday, February 24, 2012

connecting MSSQl Server in local IP

Hi

We are hosting a Database Server for our client server desktop application

The Database server(Microsoft SQL Server 2000) is in the internet with a Public IP as of now

Now we have planned to bring our SQL Server to Local IP i.e. behind firewall for security reasons

How this can be done? What should I do?

What are all the Possiblity solution?

What is the server name or IP should i give when a when my client application connects to the Database server.
How the connection can be established

anyone kindly tell me the possible methods so that my clients must be able to access the database server which is in local IP

Thanks and regards
Sabeerin "server network utility" enable Named Pipes protocol...you should be able it access it from your local network, or application using the database server name
(find this by running select @.@.servername on the server)
If you want it to still be accesible on the outside, leave TCP/IP enabled with ext ip in properties|||yes I understand

The Thing is My SQL Server is hosted by our Service Provider
Now What should I ask My Service Provider to do to bring it to local IP
as so far I was using Public IP.
So what should be done
So that my client application is able to to access the database server which is in Local network in the service Provider
Can you guide me further

Regards
Sabeer|||you need to ask your provider to set up a NAT (network address translation) for you. basically you will be asking them to forward any requests made on a certain port (1433 for sql default) on the external IP to the relevant port on your internal IP ...
client apps will still use external IP for connections...
cheers
des|||Hi

Thanks

I shall try it out with my Service Provider

Regards
Sabeer

No comments:

Post a Comment