Friday, February 24, 2012

Connecting on the Server

Hi,
I've SQL 2000 Server installed in a Windows 2000 Server.
On the Server When I try to connect to the instance it
gives me the error "invalid identifier". I've tried to
reconfigure the connection but it never works.
On the WorkStations where I've installed the client tools
i can connect by the entreprise manager with no problem.
Can anyone give some clues why this appends!
Thanks in advance.
What is the EXACT error you get and what are you doing when you get it
(what tool, what connection parameters, etc.)? What version of MDAC is on
the client machines (note that older versions of cannot connect to named
instances without a workaround).
Cindy Gross, MCDBA, MCSE
http://cindygross.tripod.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment