Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connecting SQL Mgr to non-1433 port?

Ok, if I change the TCP Listen port for SQL Svr to a port other than 1433, I
have been unable to get SQL Mgr to connect to it (this is even if I'm using
SM on the same machine as the SQL service).
I can connect if instead of the IP address I use ".", but trying to connect
via the IP address, no go.
Anyone have a workaround for this?
Thanks,
CC
cc wrote:
> Ok, if I change the TCP Listen port for SQL Svr to a port other than 1433, I
> have been unable to get SQL Mgr to connect to it (this is even if I'm using
> SM on the same machine as the SQL service).
> I can connect if instead of the IP address I use ".", but trying to connect
> via the IP address, no go.
> Anyone have a workaround for this?
> Thanks,
> CC
Include the port number in the hostname that you connect to, i.e.
myserver,1433
or
100.100.100.100,1433
Tracy McKibben
MCDBA
http://www.realsqlguy.com
|||Tracy:
Ah, thank you, I had been using a ':'
CC
"Tracy McKibben" wrote:

> cc wrote:
> Include the port number in the hostname that you connect to, i.e.
> myserver,1433
> or
> 100.100.100.100,1433
>
> --
> Tracy McKibben
> MCDBA
> http://www.realsqlguy.com
>

No comments:

Post a Comment