Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connecting SQL Server2000 using Static IP over Internet

Hi Everybody

I am having same problem. I am trying to connect my vb6 application with SQL Server 2000. My database is on database server machine which has ID ADMIN and SQL Server is using default instance. Database instance name is DBPIMS. When I try to connect this database within any machine of LAN, it is working fine. But If I want to connect from my home or some other place through internet, it is not cannecting database to database.. I've 2wire router installed at my office. & I've done port forwarding for port 1433. Also I've one static IP which I am using for connection. My connection string is

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=xxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxx;Initial Catalog=<atabase instance name;Data Source=" & static IP addres

But it couldn't get connected to database. Please can anybody help me. I am in urgent need to solve this as its been since long I am trying find its solution.

Thanks in advance


whitch is service pack instaled on your sql server?

No comments:

Post a Comment