Sunday, February 19, 2012

Connecting from the Command Prompt

I heard (from the response to a post yesterday) that connecting from the
command prompt can be a better way to access sql server 2000 if you're server
is getting hammered. (I could not get into the server with either Query
Analyzer or Ent Mgr no matter how high I set the login timeout.)
Is the person just talking about osql probably? If so, would that really
have helped in my situation? And if he/she was not talking about osql, can
someone tell me what they mean by how I can "get to the server via command
prompt"?
Any help would be much appreciated...Hi
I couldn't find a recent post with the "command prompt" in it, the person is
probably talking about osql, and he may also mean that you are accessing it
from the console.
The parameters for osql are documented in books online.
John
"CLM" wrote:
> I heard (from the response to a post yesterday) that connecting from the
> command prompt can be a better way to access sql server 2000 if you're server
> is getting hammered. (I could not get into the server with either Query
> Analyzer or Ent Mgr no matter how high I set the login timeout.)
> Is the person just talking about osql probably? If so, would that really
> have helped in my situation? And if he/she was not talking about osql, can
> someone tell me what they mean by how I can "get to the server via command
> prompt"?
> Any help would be much appreciated...|||Thx. That's what I figured.
"John Bell" wrote:
> Hi
> I couldn't find a recent post with the "command prompt" in it, the person is
> probably talking about osql, and he may also mean that you are accessing it
> from the console.
> The parameters for osql are documented in books online.
> John
> "CLM" wrote:
> > I heard (from the response to a post yesterday) that connecting from the
> > command prompt can be a better way to access sql server 2000 if you're server
> > is getting hammered. (I could not get into the server with either Query
> > Analyzer or Ent Mgr no matter how high I set the login timeout.)
> >
> > Is the person just talking about osql probably? If so, would that really
> > have helped in my situation? And if he/she was not talking about osql, can
> > someone tell me what they mean by how I can "get to the server via command
> > prompt"?
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment