Friday, February 24, 2012

Connecting OSQL to MSDE using Windows NT Authentication?

I am installing MSDE SP3a on an NT 4.0 server and experiencing the
'CryptoAPI failed' error.
Now I found the error solution on the MS website, but this requires using
osql and connecting using Windows NT Authentication.
I have installed using SQL securitymode. Will this prevent me from
connecting using Windows NT Auth..?
If so, how can reset the securitymode to SQL after I have installed and
applied the correction for the original issue?
I am logged onto the NT server using the ADMINISTRATOR id, can I start OSQL
without the -U and -P parms?
Does the ADMINISTRATOR id require any additional permissions to connect to
MSDE? The reason I ask is because the MS document specifies "Make sure to
use Windows NT Authication while you are logged on with a Windows NT Account
that is a member of the SQL Server sysadmin role".
Install parms:
MSDERelA\setup.exe DATADIR=^sDataDrive"^ DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
INSTANCENAME=XXXXX SAPWD=SA_pwd SECURITYMODE=SQL TARGETDIR=^sDataDrive^ /L*v
^sDataDrive XXXXX.log^ /qb
Thanks for any/all help..
Jim K.
This is mixed Authentication, so Windows Authentication should work, if
you are a local administrator try using the -E switch with OSQL. OSQL
-E which connects to the local server with the Windows credentials.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment