Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connecting SQL Server Express 2005 to a Microsoft Access 97 Database

I want to use SQL Server to query an Access Database with about 40,000 rows of data. If possible, I don't want to upsize the database because others need acess to it in the ACC97 format. Is there a way to use ODBC to connect to the ACC97 database so that I can use the SQL query capability of SQL server to query the database.

I know access allows you to write some SQL queries but I need the power of the SQL server and now it is a matter of curiosity because I've been searching for this answer for about 8 hours.

WHat do you mean by power of SQL Server ? If you do some queries on the data and you will not pass the query to access as a pass through query, SQL Server will always pull out the whole data to do the query.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment