Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting to a Server to exec DTS Pkg

Hi;

Does anyone know the correct syntax for the DTS method

LoadFromSQlServer() ?

I tried objPkg.LoadFromSQlServer("Myserver",,,DTS.DTSSQLServerStorageFlags.DTSSQLStgFlag_trustedConnection, , , , "MyPackage") .

Here is the message that I receive :

[DBNETLIB]{ConnectionOpen(Invalid Instance)).]Invalid Connection.

Do I include the path along with the server name ? Or have I failed

to spell out the filename/path in my package ?

Sorry for this trivial question but I can't find that much info for

accessing/running a DTS pkg .

Thanks for your insights.

Is your server a named instance? What is the instance name then?

Could you also share out your connection string?

Thanks,

|||

I understand what you are saying.

So if I do object.LoadFromSQLServer("myserver\TYMR",,,256,,,"Package A")

the statement should work.

Thanks Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment