Sunday, March 11, 2012

Connecting to Database

Connected to SQL database via network but now I have
copied database onto laptop to work from home, I got SQL
2000 Server Edition on laptop but I cannot seem to connect
to local database on laptop, it comes up with errors
saying no database found or access denied. Tried to tell
it to look locally but nothing.Do I need to uninstall
server edition and put personal edition on? Do I did
the .log file on laptop as well?
Any help will be grateful.pls check whether u have creted the user rights for the database, which u in
stalled in ur laptop. if u have not created go to SQL enterprise Manager the
ire u can create new user. then u can able to accress the database.|||After I wrote this posting I did alittle searching around the newsgroups and
found similiar problem, and that suggested uninstalling SQL and reinstallin
g again. I did this and this time I could connect to local SQL server on loc
al machine but it wouldn't
see my database which I had backed up from the original. I didn't have the .
ldf or .log file but I'm getting that in the next day so hopefully it will t
hen allow me to create the database again. I've tried to create a new databa
se and then restore my orig
inal into that database but it's not seen it.
Any help will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment