Sunday, March 11, 2012

connecting to database

Hi everybody

I was trying to connect to datatbase on my computer, through java. I understand that I will need to download JDBC driver for that. But i am not sure which driver will I need, and where do i need to put it. Do I have to make some changes in CLASSPATH as well?

I am using SQL 2000. My jdk profile is j2sdk1.4.2.01. Also what is subname in

jdbc:<subprotocol>:<subname>

is it the name of database or what?

In need of help !!!!!!

thanks in advanceThe jdbc drive should be in the classpath and added to your project (depends on your environment).

I believe that the subname is the database (could be its ip), with subprotocol being the driver, for db2 its db2, not sure thought for sql 2000.

Are you creating a standalone java application and appled or jsp ?

No comments:

Post a Comment