Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting to a second instance via VPN

Hi,

I have two SQL SERVER Instances on the computer I am trying to connect to via VPN:
1) TEST
2. TEST/INST2

I can connect to the first with no problems.

When I am trying to connect to the second (with the Enterprise Manager/Query Analyzer and even with isql) - I get the following message:
"SQL SERVER does not exists or access denied".

I use the SQL SERVER user and password to connect (as login sa).

How can I connect to the second instance?

Thanks in advance.you have to make sure that tcp/it is enabled on the server. can you use remote desktop or some other remote access tool to connect to the box? check to see if the service for the named instance is running (this should have been the first suggestion)|||Sorry, I had the instance name wrong...

Thanks for your answer anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment