Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Connecting to Network Server

Hi All,
I have 2 computers, one has SQL2000 and the other has MSDE2000. I have the
SQL tools installed on both computers.
When I use the enterprise manager and try to connect remote server I cannot
get the user to authenticate. It is trying to access the remote server
using the guest account.
There is no domain. Both computer have mixed mode authentication, and are
on the same 192.168.1.x network range.
What am I missing here.
Thanks
Lee
hi Lee,
"Lee Trotter" <latrotter@.@.@.sympatico.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:%23lstCrAaEHA.3112@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> I have 2 computers, one has SQL2000 and the other has MSDE2000. I have
the
> SQL tools installed on both computers.
> When I use the enterprise manager and try to connect remote server I
cannot
> get the user to authenticate. It is trying to access the remote server
> using the guest account.
> There is no domain. Both computer have mixed mode authentication, and are
> on the same 192.168.1.x network range.
I did not undertand if you, from both machines, can not connect remotely or
you can not remotely connect just to the MSDE instance...
if this is the case, MSDE installs by default disabling network protocols,
in order to prevent external malicius attacks, so that only local connection
using Shared Memory are allowed..
you can modify this behaviour bot at install time, specifying the
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 parameter to the setup.exe boostrat MSDE
installer, and later, using Server Network Utility (svrnetcn.exe), enabling
the desired network protocol(s)..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment