Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting to a MSDE insance from DbVisualizer 4.1.1

Hi,
I need some help. I can't connect to my MSDE instance with DbVisualizer
v4.1.1. I know the DB is running because I am able to connect to it
with Teratrax v3.0 and also with osql.
Here's what I have done so far:
Start DbVisualizer
In the Driver Manager window, I let it find all the Drivers for SQL
Server (there isn't any for MSDE) and picked one that it found
(sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver)
Now the SQL Server has a green arrow next to it
I close the Driver Manager window
Try to create a DB Connection with that driver I get an error that
the "Lookup Name" is empty. What is it supposed to have?
Really appreciate all your help.
TIA.
- manzoor
I "think" the "Lookup Name" maybe something like Oracle tnsnames.ora
file. If it is, where would I find the equivalent file for MSDE and
what would it be called?
- manzoor

No comments:

Post a Comment