Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to Analysis Services using HTTP

my analysis server is hosted on a win2k server with IIS, the hosting page is
on another machine. I have followed everything as per MS KB article and I
could not connect through the analysis server using http. i have similar
implementation on my dev machine but the main difference is my OLAP is on
top of winxp. i just wanted to know if i am missing any other setting not
specified on the MS KB article on how to implement OLAP cube through HTTP
over win2k operating system.

note: i tried connecting to olap using the MDX sample application using
MSOLAP.2 provider and connecting through a simple office web component. I
think the best way to test the connection is through the MDX sample
application that comes with Analysis Server installation.Check security for IIS and to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analaysis
Server\Bin folder and hidden share. Without any error messages there
is little we can help you with.|||Adam,
I am able to access the msolap.asp through the website. that means I
have permission to the file on the IIS side.
I will be checking the permission on the Analysis Server folder.

Whenever I try to connect using the MDX Sample Application to the HTTP
server(with my cubes) the app seem to hang. after waiting
for about 2 minutes it gives me an error "unable to connect..."

"Adam J. Tybor" <adam.tybor@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1096106771.514490.178060@.k17g2000odb.googlegr oups.com...
> Check security for IIS and to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analaysis
> Server\Bin folder and hidden share. Without any error messages there
> is little we can help you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment