Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to Analysis Services on different domain

Does anyone know how I can connecting to an analysis services cube that
is located on a different server/domain than the one I am developing
the report on.
I am able to remote connect to the server and process the cube, however
I don't know how to create a connection to the cube.
I am woring on the corp domain and the cube is located on the corp2
domain, server name cr2rchmiis10.
Thanks in advance for any help.
John CCan you set up a SQL linked server on a SQL server in the corp domain
that connects to the AS in the corp2 domain?
If you can get the linked server set up across domains, you can run
your query against the linked server in the corp domain.|||If you are using Analysis Services ENTERPRISE edition, you can connect to
Analysis Services through Http, and that would probably solve your problem.
If you are using AS Standard edition, you need to do something else. (Like
Potter suggested.)
With Analysis Services 2005 Enterprise edition
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/httpasws.mspx
With ANalysis Services 2000 Enterprise edition:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/olapdmad/aghtconfig_4giq.asp
Kaisa
<john.r.carter@.bankofamerica.com> wrote in message
news:1135094407.938804.228280@.g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Does anyone know how I can connecting to an analysis services cube that
> is located on a different server/domain than the one I am developing
> the report on.
> I am able to remote connect to the server and process the cube, however
> I don't know how to create a connection to the cube.
> I am woring on the corp domain and the cube is located on the corp2
> domain, server name cr2rchmiis10.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> John C
>

No comments:

Post a Comment