Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to Analysis Services cubes from Reporting Services

Hi,
I have created cubes using Analysis Services. Could I please know how to create a data source to connect to those cubes in Reporting Services to generate reports out of them. When I choose to create a data source in Reporting Services, I am able to see options only to connect to Sql Server, ODBC and Oracle. I do not see an option like 'OLAP Services' to connect to cubes in Analysis Services. I would be happy if anyone could help by giving me the steps to connect to the cubes in Analysis Services and to generate report/pivot table out of it.
Thanks,
Raj.Information on the integration of Reporting Services (RS) 2000 and Analysis
Services (AS) 2000 is provided at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/olapasandrs.asp
It describes how to connect to AS 2000 cubes and use multidimensional data
in RS 2000. The data provider is OleDB provider for OLAP 8.0.
You might also want to check out some samples on parameterized MDX available
for download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f9b6e945-1f4c-4b7c-9c83-c6801f0576ff&DisplayLang=en
Note: The upcoming SQL 2005 Beta 2 will contain graphical MDX and DMX query
designers, which will work best against AS 2005 cubes, but they also support
AS 2000 cubes.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Raj" <Raj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:66825BE3-5342-4C34-AD06-589B73491B01@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have created cubes using Analysis Services. Could I please know how to
create a data source to connect to those cubes in Reporting Services to
generate reports out of them. When I choose to create a data source in
Reporting Services, I am able to see options only to connect to Sql Server,
ODBC and Oracle. I do not see an option like 'OLAP Services' to connect to
cubes in Analysis Services. I would be happy if anyone could help by giving
me the steps to connect to the cubes in Analysis Services and to generate
report/pivot table out of it.
> Thanks,
> Raj.

No comments:

Post a Comment