Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to a web based MSSQL DB

Hi all,

I'm running a MSSQL DB on our web server and currently I need to use Teratrax Database Manager to connect and manage it. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have any features to export the data from the database.

I read somewhere about an online MSSQL tool which can manage online databases? Does this exist?

What tool would I use to connect to my database to export data from it? I have an evaluation copy of MS SQL Server 2005 but my knowledge with it is limited and I'm having trouble getting it connected to a remote DB (local DBs are fine).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

although there are some applications out there to administer SQL Server, they are just mimic to SQL Server Enterprise Manager / Managment Studio (you didn′t tell which version of SQL Server you want to administer). Perhpas you should get a CAL to administer the boxes on the web. SQL EM and SQLMS works fine over the internet and should save you some time compared to using a small featured similiar application.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment