Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting to a remote sql server for merge replication (push) in SQL Server 2005 Replicat

I am trying to setup a merge (push) replication to a server/database
in a
remote network. I created the publication and connected to the remote
network using VPN but cannot register nor see the remote sql server.
In sql
server 2000, I was able to register the server in my Enterprise
Manager
(after creating an alias) and then created the push subscription. I
connect
to the remote network server using VPN. How do I go about doing this
in SQL
Server 2005? The publisher is a WorkGroup edition while the subscriber
is
standard edition. Authentication is set to both win and sql and
verified
the user and password used to attempt registration. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.
Create an alias on the publisher to the subscriber. Use client network
utility to do this, and for the server name use its fully qualified domain
name. Try to ping both servers from each other.
You may have to use anonymous subscribers to get this to work if you can't
map an unc drive between the two.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
<pete970t@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1182891307.332293.251610@.u2g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
>I am trying to setup a merge (push) replication to a server/database
> in a
> remote network. I created the publication and connected to the remote
> network using VPN but cannot register nor see the remote sql server.
> In sql
> server 2000, I was able to register the server in my Enterprise
> Manager
> (after creating an alias) and then created the push subscription. I
> connect
> to the remote network server using VPN. How do I go about doing this
> in SQL
> Server 2005? The publisher is a WorkGroup edition while the subscriber
> is
> standard edition. Authentication is set to both win and sql and
> verified
> the user and password used to attempt registration. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment