Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting to a Remote Server with SQL Management Studio Express

I installed a copy of SQL 2005 Express on another computer here using the
automatic download and install from Microsoft supported by the setup
toolkit.
I can't access this server from another machine on the LAN using SQL
Management Studio Express. I can 'see' the server but cannot connect. Both
machines are running XP, mine is trying to log in as 'Guest'.
Do I need to configure SQL 2005 on the remote machine to use mixed-mode
authentication and try to log in using an SQL password, or is there a way to
make a remote user work with Windows Authentication?
How should I go about this?
Thanks.You will have to disable the simple filesharhing in XP, otherweise the
client will try to logon using the guest account.
Jens K. Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
--

No comments:

Post a Comment