Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Connecting to Oracle

I can connect to a oracle database on the development PC using OLE DB, here
is the connection string:
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=cdbprod
Yet when I Deploy to the test server, it fails. Other applications can
connect to the oracle database on the same test server, but not reporting
services. Can someone give me a working example connection string for Oracle?
--
www.duanelawrence.comI think this might be a issue with setting file access rights to the Oracle
client directory for the RS account. I suspect it is not your connection
string. What error are you getting?
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CAA8D1D1-4299-432A-B6A9-3CE93B4BDECF@.microsoft.com...
> I can connect to a oracle database on the development PC using OLE DB,
here
> is the connection string:
> Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=cdbprod
> Yet when I Deploy to the test server, it fails. Other applications can
> connect to the oracle database on the same test server, but not reporting
> services. Can someone give me a working example connection string for
Oracle?
> --
> www.duanelawrence.com
>|||This is the error I get with a fresh upload from the working one on my
development PC:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'cdbprod'.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.
No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> I think this might be a issue with setting file access rights to the Oracle
> client directory for the RS account. I suspect it is not your connection
> string. What error are you getting?
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:CAA8D1D1-4299-432A-B6A9-3CE93B4BDECF@.microsoft.com...
> > I can connect to a oracle database on the development PC using OLE DB,
> here
> > is the connection string:
> > Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=cdbprod
> >
> > Yet when I Deploy to the test server, it fails. Other applications can
> > connect to the oracle database on the same test server, but not reporting
> > services. Can someone give me a working example connection string for
> Oracle?
> >
> > --
> >
> > www.duanelawrence.com
> >
> >
>
>|||Yeah, this seems to me to be that you need to set permissions on the oracle
directory. Sorry I can't be more specific, I am not using Oracle myself.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:39412D41-650B-43FD-BAEF-E6F57D784209@.microsoft.com...
> This is the error I get with a fresh upload from the working one on my
> development PC:
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
> Online Help
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'cdbprod'.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
> The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.
> No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).
>
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> > I think this might be a issue with setting file access rights to the
Oracle
> > client directory for the RS account. I suspect it is not your connection
> > string. What error are you getting?
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
> > message news:CAA8D1D1-4299-432A-B6A9-3CE93B4BDECF@.microsoft.com...
> > > I can connect to a oracle database on the development PC using OLE DB,
> > here
> > > is the connection string:
> > > Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=cdbprod
> > >
> > > Yet when I Deploy to the test server, it fails. Other applications
can
> > > connect to the oracle database on the same test server, but not
reporting
> > > services. Can someone give me a working example connection string for
> > Oracle?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > www.duanelawrence.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >|||The real answer is.
We have DTS packages running on the test server, they all use Microsoft
Datalink files (UDL), we opened the one that goes to the Oracle database and
copied the connection string into the shared data source in the report
manager window. The reports are running now, still have not returned, but
they have not errored out in the past 10 minutes.
Duane
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> Yeah, this seems to me to be that you need to set permissions on the oracle
> directory. Sorry I can't be more specific, I am not using Oracle myself.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:39412D41-650B-43FD-BAEF-E6F57D784209@.microsoft.com...
> > This is the error I get with a fresh upload from the working one on my
> > development PC:
> >
> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
> > Online Help
> > Cannot create a connection to data source 'cdbprod'.
> > (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
> > The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.
> > No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > I think this might be a issue with setting file access rights to the
> Oracle
> > > client directory for the RS account. I suspect it is not your connection
> > > string. What error are you getting?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> > >
> > > "duanelawrence.com" <duanelawrencecom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in
> > > message news:CAA8D1D1-4299-432A-B6A9-3CE93B4BDECF@.microsoft.com...
> > > > I can connect to a oracle database on the development PC using OLE DB,
> > > here
> > > > is the connection string:
> > > > Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=cdbprod
> > > >
> > > > Yet when I Deploy to the test server, it fails. Other applications
> can
> > > > connect to the oracle database on the same test server, but not
> reporting
> > > > services. Can someone give me a working example connection string for
> > > Oracle?
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > >
> > > > www.duanelawrence.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment