Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Connecting to Oracle from Windows 64bit IA server

I am trying to pull data from an Oracle 9i database to my SQL Server 2005 sp1 database on Windows 2003 64bit Itanium server. Each time I try to use the import wizard, select the Microsoft OLE DB driver for Oracle, I get an error message telling me that the Oracle client tools are not installed. This happened after I had already installed the 9i tools, tested the connection using TNSPING and confirmed the tnsnames file was correct. So, I uninstalled the 9i tools and then installed the 10g client tools. Tested everything after the install and then tried the import again selecting the MS OLE DB driver for Oracle. I again got the error message that the Oracle tools were not installed.

has anyone ran into this problem and if so, were you able to fix it?

It seems that there is an with how Oracle parses the Program Files (x86) directory. Has anyone heard of this?|||

This is a known Oracle bug, with plenty of information about the issue here -

Connecting to Oracle on 64-bit (x64) machine - MSDN Forums
(http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=159581&SiteID=1)

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment