Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Connecting to ODBC Connections with Report Services

I have just migrated from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and in the process upgraded to new hardware. I am now running SQL2005 (64 Bit) on Windows 2003 R2 (64 Bit). The problem is that when i deploy some reports to the new server that use ODBC to connect to the data, reporting services is erroring with :

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

The ODBC connections are set up exactly the same on the old server and the new server. Is it because it is looking for a 64 bit ODBC driver and not the 32 Bit one I have installed. If i go into the SysWOW64 and run the odbcad32.exe i can see the drivers and the connection. The connection test works fine from here.

Thanks

Has anyone got any ideas on this ?|||Did you find a resolution? I have the same problem.|||I am waiting for a company called Openlink to get back to me they are currently developing some drivers|||Thanks. My client is switching to 32-bit software to resolve this. Good luck.|||

Did anyone get this resolved? I am having the same problem. I fear I may have to revert back to the 32-Bit OS.

Any advice or suggestion are welcomed.

Thanks,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment