Monday, March 19, 2012

Connecting to MSDE via client

Hope someone can explain why this happened.
I installed MSDE on a Winxp workstation.
I then setup clients to access MSDE via TCP/IP using the (Static) IP Address
address of the workstation.
Connection successful
I then removed MSDE2000 and installed MSDE2000 sp3a
Went I to connect to MSDE via TCP/IP and could not connect using the IP
When I changed to The machine name I could connect to MSDE2000
Anyone with any idea.
Server was winXP and workstations Win98 and Win08se.
Regards
Jeff
--
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release Date: 10/11/2003Jeff Williams wrote:
> Hope someone can explain why this happened.
> I installed MSDE on a Winxp workstation.
> I then setup clients to access MSDE via TCP/IP using the (Static) IP
> Address address of the workstation.
> Connection successful
> I then removed MSDE2000 and installed MSDE2000 sp3a
> Went I to connect to MSDE via TCP/IP and could not connect using the
> IP When I changed to The machine name I could connect to MSDE2000
> Anyone with any idea.
> Server was winXP and workstations Win98 and Win08se.
> Regards
> Jeff
>
> --
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release Date: 10/11/2003
Check that the Server (via sql server network utility) is configured to
use TCP/IP. Also check your client is configured like this too (client
network utility).
Br,
Mark Broadbent
mcdba , mcse+i
=============

No comments:

Post a Comment