Monday, March 19, 2012

Connecting to MSDE 2000 over a home network

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to an instance of MSDE 2000 from Visual Studio 2005 over a home network. Although I know how to connect to a database from Visual Studio, I'm pretty clueless about configuring Sql Server to allow the connection (I can connect with no problem when I do so from the same computer). Also, with experimenting I've created a bunch of instances of Sql Server that I don't really need and am not sure how to get rid of them. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Dave

I don't know if this will help, but I've already tried enabling all of the network protocols in the instance. Also, I can easily connect to an Access database over the network.

You may want to start here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190944.aspx

Buck Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment