Sunday, March 11, 2012

Connecting to Interbase from MSDE

Hi all,

I'm new to MSDE and need some help. I have a stored proc that used to sit in Interbase and when executed it would populate some tables. I now have to have these tables external to the interbase database and have chosen (for the initial phase at least) to use MSDE. I have created a table (the first of many) and now working on the procedure.

My question is how do I connect to the interbase database. I have an ODBC setup (which is used in a VB application on the client) and I assume I need to use that, but I'm not sure how to implement the connect command in the stored proc. Any ideas?

Cheers in advance,
Kevin.Just to add that I need to use a cursor within the procedure that reads the data from the Interbase database then based on the values writes to the MSDE table. Don't know if this makes it any clearer :-)

Cheers,
Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment