Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to an external server

Hi,
I have been developing an app using SQL Server 2000 and am ready to transfer to a server located offsite. How can I connect to this server through enterprise manager or anything else so that I can use the copydatabase wizard to move it to the live server?
Thanks
WheelzPerhaps I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time, I'll grant ya that ;) ) but if it's on your server network, you just add the server to your "SQL Server Group" in the enterprise manager, and then you can transfer stuff willy-nilly.

Right-click on the SQL Server Group in the console file system pane of the Enterprise Manager, then add the remote server.

Like I said, I may be missing something, but if the remote server is accessable from your network, you oughta be good to go, I would think. :?:|||Hi,
I've done what you said and it offers me to register a new instance or a new group. Either one of these doesn't let me specify an IP address to the live server.|||You should regiustering a server alias..

And that has to be added....to....Damn a network question...

I forget...

But it's good to do this in case you have to flip th ip for disaster purposes...

I'll go look...|||Check this out

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36034&SearchTerms=server,alias,

No comments:

Post a Comment