Sunday, March 11, 2012

connecting to AS400

Hi,

I am trying to transfer information from the AS400 to SQL Server tables but I am having problems trying to connect and get information from the AS400. In the data source I select the iseries connection and type in the ip address, username, and password. When I click the test connection button, it connects but under the initial catalog all I get is the computer name. If anyone has any solutions to my problem that would be great

Thnaks

Brian

I have had success connecting to the AS/400 only with an ADO Data Reader (could not use an OLE DB Source) using the IBMDA400 Provider (connections string included below). You must also explicitly specify libraries in your select statements, and not rely on library list.

Sample connection string:
Data Source=server;User ID=uid;Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=300;Catalog Library List=library1, library2;

|||Jeaux - the connection string you specify works fine for me but it seems to defeat the purpose of the library list to some degree. Do you have any idea how to allow allow SQL to determine where the object is found in the library list and utilize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment