Sunday, March 11, 2012

Connecting to AS 400

Hi,
How can I connect to AS400 from SQL Server 2000.
Client prefers NO DSN.
Thanks
Vijay
I will persist till I win.
Install Client Access on the SQL Server box and then
configure the linked server as described in books online
under Linked Servers, configuring.
For data source, use the IP address of the AS400. For
provider string, you need to include the library you are
using, connect timeout setting and code page. There is some
documentation for the settings in the Client Access help
files. You'd set the provider string somewhat like:
InitCat=YourLibrary;CCSID=37;PCCodePage=1252;
Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Settings will depend on how your AS400 is configured. Again,
the Client Access help files have information on the
necessary connection string settings.
-Sue
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:50:56 -0700, "Vijay"
<Vijay@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> How can I connect to AS400 from SQL Server 2000.
>Client prefers NO DSN.
>Thanks
>Vijay
>I will persist till I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment