Thursday, March 8, 2012

Connecting to Analysis Services

Hello,
I have analysis services running on a server in our internet datacentre
(servers are colocated at an ISP). It is working fine with no problems
whatsoever. I can also manage it fine when I terminal onto the box.
However, the problems start when I try to mange the server from my local
machine at work. There is a VPN setup between my work and the datacentre.
All the servers are on a different subnet at the datacenter.
This works fine for managing SQL server on the same machine with enterprise
manager. However, when I try to connect to analysis services using Analysis
Manager, I get the following error when trying to register:
Errors occurred while trying to connect to 10.2.1.2
Cannot open connection to Analsysis Server '10.2.1.2'
Error in data [Possible data corruption]"
Do you still want to register this server?
What in the world is going on? Maybe it has something to do with the fact
that Analsysis Server doesn't have 'SQL Authentication' and thus its a
security issue since my Windows cridentials aren't being passed/accepted
since those servers are all standalone?
Please help!
thanks in advance,
-ZDhello.
i have the same problem and have no idea what happens.i have reinstalled ana
lyis services, service pack 3, mdac 2.8 ... nothings happens. always the sa
me error message. can't find anything in the web about this only on this boa
rd.
would be very happy if someone can help me about this problem
mario
"Z D" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have analysis services running on a server in our internet datacentre
> (servers are colocated at an ISP). It is working fine with no problems
> whatsoever. I can also manage it fine when I terminal onto the box.
> However, the problems start when I try to mange the server from my local
> machine at work. There is a VPN setup between my work and the datacentre.
> All the servers are on a different subnet at the datacenter.
> This works fine for managing SQL server on the same machine with enterpris
e
> manager. However, when I try to connect to analysis services using Analys
is
> Manager, I get the following error when trying to register:
>
> Errors occurred while trying to connect to 10.2.1.2
> Cannot open connection to Analsysis Server '10.2.1.2'
> Error in data [Possible data corruption]"
> Do you still want to register this server?
>
> What in the world is going on? Maybe it has something to do with the fact
> that Analsysis Server doesn't have 'SQL Authentication' and thus its a
> security issue since my Windows cridentials aren't being passed/accepted
> since those servers are all standalone?
> Please help!
> thanks in advance,
> -ZD
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment