Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting through VPN fails

Hi all!
At work, I've no problems connecting to our testserver. From home I have
problems. I use VPN to get inside our firewall, and everything else works as
expected. Whether I try to connect to my testdata from my application, or I
try to connect using SQL Query Analyzer, I get the same errormessage (pasted
in here):
Unable to connect to server OSS24DBTEST:
ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cannot generate SSPI context
The servers is set up to use both Sql server and Windows authentication.
Anyone that have a clue where to start?
I'm a newbe using SQL server 2000
Thanks
AT
Hi,
Hope you have solved it in the meantime.
I do the same with a Checkpoint VPN connection over ADSL and this works well.
Will a straight (no VPN) connection work? (Use port 1433/1434). Be sure to
have this port open.
If this works, try to see if there is a portblocking vehickle at the other
side in the VPN router, if this is OK you really have a problem.
Besides, I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the results working
over VPN.
I saw no degradation in performance with the direct connection.
Good luck,
"A.Taurus" wrote:

> Hi all!
> At work, I've no problems connecting to our testserver. From home I have
> problems. I use VPN to get inside our firewall, and everything else works as
> expected. Whether I try to connect to my testdata from my application, or I
> try to connect using SQL Query Analyzer, I get the same errormessage (pasted
> in here):
> Unable to connect to server OSS24DBTEST:
> ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cannot generate SSPI context
> The servers is set up to use both Sql server and Windows authentication.
> Anyone that have a clue where to start?
> I'm a newbe using SQL server 2000
> Thanks
> AT
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment